The Smoking Research Lab, led by Dr. Stephen Tiffany, is always looking for motivated, conscientious, and intelligent undergraduates to join our research team! Research assistants have the opportunity to work on original studies and learn more about the addiction literature. Past and present research assistants tell us that they learn a great deal from working in the lab. The experience can also be an important stepping stone toward building a more extensive resume and applying to graduate school. You do not need to be a psychology major to apply; all majors are welcome.
We are currently recruiting research assistants for Summer and Fall 2020. If you are interested in applying to work with us, please scroll to the bottom of this page.
Undergraduates can work in the lab for course credit (PSY 498) or on a voluntary basis. Due to COVID-19, RAs cannot work in the lab for course credit Summer 2020.
Current Research Assistants
- Sinan Ersan
- Edda Martinez
- Lovina John (Project coordinator for ECCO)
- Robyn Lelito
- Grace Michienzi
- Faith Miller
Interested in joining our lab?
Here are the fun & exciting things you will learn & do as a research assistant:
- Recruit study participants
- Run experimental sessions with smokers from the community
- Complete phone screens to determine eligibility
- Code and enter data
Current research studies with which you can become involved include examining:
- Understanding how e-cigarette users vape in a naturalistic laboratory setting including respiration and puff topography
- Tracking smoking behavior in the natural environment through respiration and GPS technology
- Assessment of smoking and vaping via smartphone assessments in the natural environment
- A minimum of 3.2 Overall GPA
- Ability to commit to working 2 semesters in the lab (e.g., combination of any two: spring, summer, or fall semesters).
*If you are interested in applying, please complete the application below and submit it along with an unofficial transcript. If you have a resume, please submit that as well. We will check references, transcripts, and conduct interviews before hiring.
Applications can be submitted to Jen Betts at email@example.com.